Wednesday 26 September 2007

Getting there; just getting started

As I sit here in the Emirates' business lounge at Heathrow Terminal 3, I ponder with fond memories the joy of going through security, passport checks and other such fun. Sipping my complimentary Innocent Smoothie (I may go back for the all-you-can-drink liqour & nibbles table later), I feel no sadness that my flight is delayed by thirty minutes... it will give me a bit more time to soak in the relaxed nature of this somewhat schnazzy lounge, as well as allowing me to eat a few more complimentary shish-kebabs.

Yes. I am gloating. But I'm allowed to for now, as in about an hour's time I shall be stuck in a series of aluminium tubes for many many hours. My mild fear of flying, combined with the article I read in Private Eye about the dangers of poorly maintained aircraft engines (leading to toxic fumes in the cabin) fill me with trepidation :/

To be honest, all the above is bravardo (ok, I do like the free food!), as the enormity of this trip is terrifying! Away for a while, on the other side of the world :/ - Under my cool, calm, collected (not-to-forget suave) exterior, I'm at panic stations! I think I need a cup of tea :)

Update: Thanks to everyone on Webmessenger tonight who stopped me from panicking quite as much as I otherwise would have done! :)

All the best,


Greg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The excitement, the drama! You must be there by now :)

We're just having an issue with C3P... ;-)

Greg said...

Hello! Yes have arrived - time-confuzzled, but mostly all here : )

C3P, you say? Oh noses! :P [cough] [cough] :D