Tuesday 6 November 2007

Celebrating the Melbourne Cup

Today was the Melbourne Cup Horse Race. You think the Grand National is popular? Oh my goodness!

Today, the entire female population of Sydney went to work dressed for the races, with hats, fascinaters* and everything else that goes with such things.

Work had a 3 hour lunch outside on the dockside with champagne (I arrived early and got the task of preparing the such), food and beer. TVs were put against open windows so we could watch the race.

Half way through, the heavens opened!...

...AfterBefore...








Whilst outside, I noticed that a pair of birds had set up nest on one of the horizontal poles of the sail covering, and that you could see the chicks being fed! Awwwww

* Behold! Greg the Fashionista! As some of you know, my long commute into work at the BBC meant that I could read The Metro from cover to cover. As such, my fashion knowledge is second to, er none.

0 comments: