Friday 21 March 2008

Royal National Park

Today I visited the Royal National Park, 30km south of Sydney. Oooo meh feet! I've walked miles & miles... then, realising that my destination (that I had planned so carefully back at the apartment) was in the middle of nowhere, with no buses to get back to civilisation, I had to walk miles & miles more :/

Started at Waterfall, walked to Uloola Falls, then to Audley, where I bought a lolly. Then walked up Honeymoon Track to Loftus, where I discovered a deserted and overgrown railway station (both cool, and "Bugger, how am I to get home?"), then walked along the hard shoulder of the Princes Highway until I fell into Sutherland.

Lovely place tho'. Barely saw anyone all day, apart from at Audley (did I mention I bought a lolly?). Photos to arrive on Flickr shortly :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

the overgrown railway station is a tram route/station and only runs sat n sun i think it goes back to said train station if u follow the tracks back ..i take maps with me cause its so confusing..if travelling during summer i suggest lots of water i made that mistake lst time..no water luckily another hiker was kind enough to share his kit with me