Wednesday 2 April 2008

Almost but not quite

There are far fewer than Seven days to go before work ends. In fact, my last day is on Friday! Tomorrow we're all off to have a BBQ in the park for lunch and I hope that Friday will be filled with w00t.

Next week, I fly out to Brisbane and from there, internettles are sporadic, so updates will follow suit.

Yesterday, I learnt about the four conditionals of English grammar from the BBC World Service's "Grammar Challenge" Podcast.

Probability of event Conditional Example Time of Event
100% zero conditional If you heat ice, it melts. any time
50% first conditional If it rains, I will stay at home. future
10% second conditional If I won the lottery, I would buy a car. future
0% third conditional If I had won the lottery, I would have bought a car. past
(Table from www.englishclub.com)


To the bar™!

0 comments: