Tuesday 9 October 2007

Crazy birds, Taxing Times and Half Days

I have finally worked out how to describe the noise that the odd black birds (not blackbirds in the British sense, but larger and more crow-like) make. It's an odd sound, but one that was strangely familiar: They sound like a cat mumbling and grumbling at a bird or squirrel through a window*, but much much louder :)

Second day of work seemed to go ok. I feasted on Goats cheese and meat sandwiches, made by my own hand. I hope to live to tell the tale :) Spoke to the Australian Tax Office, who were kind enough to give me my Tax File Number ("TFN" for those in the know) over the phone.

Thankfully my dev PC hasn't arrived, and I can't develop code on the company's desktop, so I'm only working a half-day tomorrow :) W00t!

Lots of luv,


Greg

*If you've never heard a cat do this, I'm afraid I can't help describe it :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean you never used to make your own sandwiches!