Sunday 28 October 2007

Drunken Flies

Beer
Friday was one of the chaps from work's leaving do. We went to a nearby pub and began drinking... Oh my goodness can Aussies drink. I think it's because of the little glasses of beer they have, combined with the weather. That and I'd only had two sandwiches all day beforehand! Thankfully one of the friendly techies and his missus drove me home, as it was on their way. I definitely owe them a drink!

Flies
Let me take the opportunity to put the record straight. Yes, there are a few more flies in Sydney than in the UK, but their numbers aren't so bad. The trouble with them is that unlike British flies, these little buggers are persistent. If you swat them, they just duck and skew, then come right back. Even when it's windy, they seem to just hang around your face.

The solution seems to be: If they're just sitting on your clothes, let them be, as they'll just fly up and annoy you; only swat if they're directly annoying you. :)

0 comments: