Saturday 6 October 2007

The Other Way / Watson Bay / No Escape / Later

I walked The Other Way down George Street today and discovered a pleasantly large shopping centre where I spent the hottest hours of the afternoon enjoying the air conditioning :)

Came rather close to buying a teeny push-scooter (one of the non-powered metalic skateboardesque-things-with-handlebars); the 45minute walk to work in the toasty heat is tough going, and a push-scooter would let me sail down the hills! :)

Visited Watson Bay and Gap Bluff, which is an ex-military cliff top outlook onto the Pacific which has been designated an Australian National Park. Very windy today up there. Traveled there by Sydney Ferries' SuperCat which was officially Woosh! Took the bus back just in time before it started to rain :D

The dorm is now down to three people. The French girl will be leaving tomorrow, so unless someone turns up, it'll be down to two. The other chap is friendly enough, but doesn't stop talking. Hence I'm hiding in this web cafe. Once I've posted this, I'll be pretending to use the computer whilst actually reading my book. When I say to the chap in the dorm "I'm now going to read my book" he just keeps on talking! That, combined with the explicit stories of Thailand he tells everyone he meets (including all girls he meets!) results in much embarrassment... and I didn't think I could get embarrassed easily :/ - there are just some things you don't tell strangers! :0

I asked the reception girl if I could "Upgrade" to a single dorm... she said it was possible, so this may become an option. It's a shame, because he's friendly enough; he just doesn't stop!

Sent some emails to sort out a flat share. Nothing back yet!

Tomorrow shall be spent mooching, lazing and schnuffling around Sydney. I still need to book some things to do later in the week, but as I don't know which days I'm working, it's tricky.
I'm still worried that they want me to work five days a week and late into the night :/

0 comments: