Friday 5 October 2007

The Induction

Today was my warmup day at work (10am-4pm). They seem a decent bunch of people and I suspect once I get to know them will be a good laugh. The office is very smart and apparently I can kayak to work if I chose :P ... oh my goodness are they focused on the business! Changing from the public sector to the private one is going to be tough, but better sooner than later... I think! :/ I believe that I can do the work - it'll be challenging, but that's something I've needed for a long time; my only concern is that I will be asked to work full-time rather than the few days a week that was agreed.

I'm continuing to look for a flatshare, but am dare-I-say-it growing fond of the group in the dorm... even the snoring is less noticeable. Thankfully I've been so knackered that I fall (and stay) asleep quickly; which is handy when you find out from the other three that they were kept up all night by a couple in the dorm next door having rampant hows'yerfather! :P

My goodness I need a drink tonight. Yesterday was a Frequent Noodle, as I decided to spoil myself before starting work today. The day before was chicken satay in the WakeUp bar - I came back late from using t'internet and had agreed to go for a drink with the guys from the dorm. When I arrived in the bar, the only one I could see was busy chatting up a girl, so to avoid acting the gooseberry, I left them to it, had dinner and wandered back to read meh book. Tonight's menu will probably be something from the WakeUp bar again :)

0 comments: