Sunday 28 October 2007

Lapus Toppus

Now that I've moved into a flatshare, I can now think about settling in properly. As such, I invested in a Toshiba laptop and am now internettled properly. The internet is so slow in Australia; and even more so if the information you want isn't in a domestic cache... In the UK, few people care which mirror you use to download software; here, you have to choose wisely. Australia is obviously preferable, but Japan seems a good second best. Surprisingly, the US is rather slow... which is a pain, as Google don't seem to have a domestic cache here... which makes maps.google.com and even google.com.au painfully slow.

Anyway, I could waffle on about the questionable state of Aussie internet all day... the good news is that I received free cinema tickets, so I'm gonna go see something at some point this week :) All suggestions welcome :D

0 comments: